Avery's MRI was scheduled yesterday morning but due to a scheduling error we were postponed until this morning. I found out that Gerry had passed just as we got to the hospital yesterday. I honestly think it was the only reason I didn't light someone on fire for messing up the schedule. As we left Jeremy and I were talking and we decided that maybe this was a good thing. It gave Gerry a chance to talk up Avery to Him and for the rest of us to get some last minute prayers in.
Turns out Gerry is just as charismatic in Heaven as he was here on Earth...and us procrastinators got our extra prayers in...and it worked. Avery's tumors were noticeably smaller, although all were still present and accounted for. There doesn't appear to be any new tumors, which is a huge relief and her spinal fluid is showing no signs of cells -- although that's a fluke since it only takes a sampling. What this means for us, we aren't positive yet. We'll be discussing our options with the Dr's at St Jude and here before moving forward with any treatment. Once we have figured out what that looks like, I will let you all know.
forever grateful for our new Angel in Heaven...and all of our prayer warriors...
Jenn & Jeremy